The 29-year-old made his comeback after three months out with an ankle injury, playing the last 25 minutes of Wednesday's 5-0 romp at Hamburg in the German Cup quarterfinals.
The 26-year-old was the subject of two close-season bids from Old Trafford but chose to stay at the Nou Camp.
The manager's quip was a reference to Jose Mourinho's depictions of his Chelsea side as a "little horse" and Manchester City as a "jaguar".
It was the London club's first win at St James's Park since 2004 and left them with outside title hopes, occupying fifth place in the Premier League, seven points behind leaders Chelsea.
Johnson's team climbed up to third in the Premiership on Wednesday evening, courtesy of a 2-0 victory over visiting Mpumalanga Black Aces in Atteridgeville.
United were held to a 0-0 draw at Arsenal on Tuesday and their disappointment was compounded by the news that Champions League qualification rivals Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur had both won.
com that the choice of squad selection by Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi, will always draw reactions from different quarters.
The Nigerian league legend was speaking against the backdrop of the Nigerian squad that finished third at the 2014 African Nations Championship (Chan) in South Africa.
Moyes replaced Sir Alex Ferguson - who won 13 Premier League titles in 27 years - in July but is struggling to emulate the Scot, with United currently seventh in the Premier League.
Argentina forward Messi then scored either side of half-time, with a powerful shot from the edge of the area and a curled effort from similar range.
- England Captain Casey Comes Out As Gay
- Man City Toure Awaits FA Decision
- Dreamer Hazard Gunning For West Brom
- Is Arsenal's Title Challenge Falling Flat On Its Face?
- Diamanti Joins China's Evergrande
- Fletcher Targets Sprint Finish From Man U
- Chelsea Relying On Rival Failings - Mouriho
- Liverpool First Stop In Arsenal's Crucial Run
- Beckham Faces 'Biggest Challenge In Sports'
- Real, Barca Close In On Cup Final
- Omeruo Pleased With Boro Debut
- Keshi Dismisses NFF's Foreign 'Help'
- POWER HORSE invited Santos Cape Town to Orange CHAN 2014 Final
- Marc Marquez Tops Opening 2014 Test In Sepang
- Kinnear Resigns As Newcastle United Director Of Football
Page 5 of 65