Technically it was all over in the first 15 minutes as the North Americans found the net in the first, fourth and 14th minute.
The Italian confirmed Ronaldo, 29, will start Tuesday's last-16 second leg at the Bernabeu, despite Real boasting a 6-1 lead against the Germans.
Totti, who had been out for a month with a buttock injury, opened the scoring from a rebound and Mattia Destro doubled the lead.
The club formally applied to rebrand themselves from next season, a move that has upset some supporters.
The Galatasaray forward, who left Stamford Bridge in June 2012, returns to London for the second leg of the Champions League round of 16 tie.
Rosicky rifled in a sublime angled drive just minutes into the game after leading a swift break for the visitors.
PSG dominated the first half against fourth-placed St Etienne and deservedly led when Ibrahimovic calmly rolled in from close range.
Messi overtook Paulino Alcantara to become Barca's all-time leading scorer in all forms of football with his second goal of the afternoon before completing his hat-trick to take his tally for the club to 371.
The Colombian striker pounced as Napoli failed to clear a corner and his shot was deflected past Pepe Reina.
The Frenchman, 34, had seven days to appeal but that time has now lapsed.
The 30-year-old has been dogged by claims he does not get on with manager David Moyes and it has even been suggested he may leave in the summer.
Trailing 2-0 from the first leg, City's best early chance was a Samir Nasri shot that was saved by Victor Valdes.
Blackburn Rovers loanee Leon Best earlier had a spot-kick saved for the visitors by goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi.
Astrit Ajdarevic saw an early effort pushed wide by Huddersfield goalkeeper Alex Smithies.
- Ozil To Miss At Least Few Weeks
- Malawi Considers Afcon Withdrawal
- NFF To Splurge If Eagles Shine
- Big Match Feature: Bayern v Arsenal
- Woods Back Problems Could Cause Masters Rethink
- Sochi Paralympics: Kelly Gallagher Wins Paralympic Gold
- Bayern Munich Boss Uli Hoeness On Trial For Tax Evasion
- Guardiola Unsatisfied With 6-1 Win
- Espanyol Eases To Victory Over Elche
- Juve Maintains Perfect Home Record
- I'd Rather Be In City's Shoes - Mourinho
- Stuttgart Sack Schneider, Hire Stevens
- Absolute Honour To Play For Nigeria-Balogun
- 'No Inquiry Into Match-Fixing'
- Bayern Chief Hoeness To Go On Trial
Page 5 of 70