The three-year contract with the 30-year-old is worth 6.
United have endured a difficult campaign in the defence of the Premier League title they won so convincingly last season under former manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Mourinho's side boosted their chances with Monday's impressive 1-0 victory over Manuel Pellegrini's City side at the Etihad Stadium.
Real thumped holders Atletico Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu, gaining a measure of revenge for the 2-1 defeat in last year's final at the same stadium, while record winners Barca beat 10-man Real Sociedad 2-0 at the Nou Camp.
Omeruo played the entire game as Boro claimed a point that took them up to 12th on the Championship standings with 38 points from 29 matches.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) had met with the current African Coach of the Year recently and proposed a foreign assistant to him which he turned down.
Austrian premium energy drink company POWER HORSE is highly passionate about football in Africa and has thus invited players of Santos FC, Cape Town's second tier top team, to the Orange CHAN 2014 final last Saturday.
The Repsol Honda rider finished ahead of Yamaha's Valentino Rossi, with Marquez's team-mate Dani Pedrosa third.
The 67-year-old, who was above manager Alan Pardew in the club's management structure, claimed to be overseeing player recruitment.
"The owner of the car basically called the police and the police came," said the swimmer's manager, James Erskine.
Chelsea travelled to Manchester on Monday knowing that defeat would leave them six points behind City, but they won 1-0 through Branislav Ivanovic's first-half strike to draw level on points with their rivals.
Ousting host nation South Africa and winning bronze with such a young team is a major achievement for Nigerian football according to the tournament's official sponsor POWER HORSE.
- POWER HORSE congratulates South Africa
- Arsenal Back On Top, Liverpool Slip Up
- Ancellotti Unhappy At Ronaldo Red Card
- Ghana Better Than Nigeria According To Keshi
- Chelsea Close In On £12m Zouma Deal
- Mikel Hopes For Chelsea Response
- Tough Tests Await La Liga's Title Contenders
- Ghana Confirm March Montenegro Date
- Newcastle Bid For Lyon Midfielder
- English Clubs Boost 2013 Transfer Spending
- Foreign Clubs' Appetite For Brazilians
- West African Giants Battle For Final Spot
- Wenger Vexed As Injury Woes Mount
- Messi Assists Keep Barca On Course
- Barca Keep Atletico At Bay, Bayern Back
Page 6 of 65