we would today be discussing how to get IMEI number on iPhone if locked. So many people don’t want to go through the stress of going to the settings looking for their iPhone IMEI number. If you are one of those people then you are in the right place, well that doesn’t mean if your reason is different then you are in the wrong place, No. without waste of any time let me take you there but first of all let us know what an IMEI number is before going further.
What is the IMEI number?
The IMEI is an abbreviation that stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. The IMEI is a fifteen (15) digit number attached to every device or phone, including Androids and iPhone. This 15 digit number is used to Identify every device and its activation status. Every phone has a unique IMEI number.
The IMEI number is not the same as your phone serial number. To state this so that you don’t get confused or mistake your serial number for your IMEI number. Although in some cases, the IMEI can be referred to as the MEID, which is a short form for Mobile Equipment ID. So know the difference and not get confused.
How to easily find your IMEI number on iPhone
Identifying your IMEI number is very easy, especially when it comes to iPhone. There are many ways you can get your IMEI number on your iPhone. Below are some of the ways included.
The back of your iPhone
This is the easiest and fastest way to check your iPhone IMEI number. It is very easy to find it because of the tag IMEI. Although it is written in very small fonts, you will see the numbers if you pay attention.
Although the latest iPhones don’t or no longer come with their IMEI number at the back of the phone, you can get the IMEI number of the following iPhones at the back
iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8. If you are using any of these iPhones, you will be able to the IMEI number at the back of the phone.
Check your iPhone SIM tray.
If your iPhone does not support the IMEI on the back of your phone, then you should check your SIM card tray. You can use the SIM tray pin or remove your SIM card tray and turn it. Your IMEI should be written behind.
Here you can find the list of iPhones that comes with their IMEI on the SIM card tray
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone Pro Max, iPhone SE, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
Check the iPhone box
This is the simplest way to get your iPhone IMEI number if your device is locked. If you have your device’s original box, check the side of the box where the barcode is. You will see your IMEI number there. It works 100% fine if you have your original box. If not, try another method.
Using the Dial code
You can get your iPhone IMEI number by dialing code #06#. Your IMEI number will appear immediately after dialing the code, although this method will be useless if your iPhone screen is locked.
Click the I icon for iCloud-locked devices.
When your iPhone is locked, you will see the “I” icon. You can see your IMEI number when you click or tap the icon. The IMEI number will show on the activation screen like in the one shown in the picture below.
What is the IMEI number used for?
- Your IMEI number can be used in so many ways, including tracking your device, but if you are new to iPhone, let me tell you what the IMEI number is used for below.
- The IMEI number can be used to track a stolen iPhone with the “iCloud find Service.” They will ask you for your iPhone IMEI number before they can be able to track your device.
- The IMEI number can be used to check stolen iPhones. In case you are buying a fairly used or second-hand iPhone, you can use the IMEI number to see if the phone is stolen or not.
- The IMEI can be used as an unlocking tool. If your iPhone is locked, you will need the IMEI number to unlock it through iCloud.
- The IMEI number can be used to blacklist an iPhone. Although if you blacklist your iPhone, you won’t get it back but rather prevent the thief from using the iPhone.
What is the information contained on the IMEI number?
The IMEI number contains a lot of information that is very important to your device. Below is the full list of all the information contained in your iPhone.
- The iPhone storage size, model, and color.
- Your iPhone serial number
- iPhone Activation status
- Your AppleCare status
- iPhone warranty status
- iPhone telephone technical support status
- Your iPhone repair and service coverage
- Your device date of purchase
- Your device registration status
- Your SIM lock status
- Your iCloud status
- Your iPhone SIM lock carrier status
- Your iCloud Activation locked status
- Your blacklist status
- Payment and financial status
We hope this piece of information was able to help you find your iPhone IMEI number with your device locked. If you have a problem with any steps or have any suggestions or contributions to add, you can reach us in the comment section below.